Forum Index
To Homepage

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make money with your photos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phakimata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always give out business cards tot he people from whom I take pictures in hope that they will contact me. Some do and some don't. This time I received many responses. I normally send the a small low-resolution image per email, with the option to buy a high-quality print. I sold a few prints and even got a few gigs for photo shoots of one of the participants.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elrick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh...that's an interesting idea Cool

and did you ever get this press-pass? how? I was interested in getting press-pass myslef, as my pictures are pubilshed sometimes in Russian-language newspapers in NY, but didn't know how to get it...
phakimata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You normally ask the people that organize the event, and they will let you know what to do. It tends to be different per event. In addition you can ask those newspapers/magazines if they might be able to arrange something for you in exchange for photos. You also need to be a little bold by just pretending that you are there for important reportage work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elrick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...big SLR camera helps to be bold, but... Cool
But I've read something about special license for taking photos, did you know anything about it?
phakimata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as a special license. You are allowed to take pictures of almost anything, unless it is an event. Then there are 2 types: Editorial (mainly to cover news) and Commercial (to sell). For editorial you don't need any license or documents signed, but for commercial you need to have property and model releases signed.
There is actually a book just published about the law of photography. The title is: The Professional Photographer’s Legal Handbook. I have ordered it and I hope it will be delivered early this week.

elrick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phakimata wrote:
I would contact them and ask if you can snap some photos. There is a contact number in the "about" section.
The festival seems pretty cool.

Did they answer to you? Cool
phakimata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't contacted them. Unfortunately I don't have time to go to the event.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: